Thursday 15 January 2009

The joys of shared accomodation

I love my housemates, all five of them. I do not, however, love hearing my dear friend J snoring loudly straight through the wall. He must have been drinking, he only snores when he is drunk.

The fact that I can tell how much alcohol he has been drinking by listening to his breathing without even being in the same room just goes to show the walls in the Warehouse are too thin.

Thin walls also lead to the following embarrassing exchanges:

J: So did you and D enjoy watching Silent Hill last night?

Me: Yes thank you J, it was very scary indeed.

J: So you had a good night then? Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one. You certainly sounded like you enjoyed discussing the film afterwards. All night loooong. Ooooh yeh.

Me: Shut the fuck up. [WHILE BLUSHING PROFUSELY]

Delightful. But at least thin walls mean you can hear someone else starting to get out of bed and dive out yourself, beating them in the race to the one bathroom we share. Every cloud...

4 comments:

Janette said...

You share with 5 people? OMG you must have the patience of a saint! Part of me is sad that I never got to do the old flat sharing with mates type of thing, but then I can remember the queue for the bathroom when I lived at home....!

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

5 people is amazing!!

But.. I can imagine how much fun you must have with them :)

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

lly jyn said...

Wow, one roommate is enough for me. I once lived with 5, it was awful. Your friend J sounds hilarious.

Marshall Family said...

wow i have never house shared.. Dont think I could I love having my own place far too much!