Thursday, 15 January 2009

The joys of shared accomodation

I love my housemates, all five of them. I do not, however, love hearing my dear friend J snoring loudly straight through the wall. He must have been drinking, he only snores when he is drunk.

The fact that I can tell how much alcohol he has been drinking by listening to his breathing without even being in the same room just goes to show the walls in the Warehouse are too thin.

Thin walls also lead to the following embarrassing exchanges:

J: So did you and D enjoy watching Silent Hill last night?

Me: Yes thank you J, it was very scary indeed.

J: So you had a good night then? Oh wait, I already know the answer to that one. You certainly sounded like you enjoyed discussing the film afterwards. All night loooong. Ooooh yeh.

Me: Shut the fuck up. [WHILE BLUSHING PROFUSELY]

Delightful. But at least thin walls mean you can hear someone else starting to get out of bed and dive out yourself, beating them in the race to the one bathroom we share. Every cloud...

5 comments:

Janette Jones said...

You share with 5 people? OMG you must have the patience of a saint! Part of me is sad that I never got to do the old flat sharing with mates type of thing, but then I can remember the queue for the bathroom when I lived at home....!

Fabulously Broke said...

5 people is amazing!!

But.. I can imagine how much fun you must have with them :)

Fabulously Broke in the City

"Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver."

lily jayne. said...

Wow, one roommate is enough for me. I once lived with 5, it was awful. Your friend J sounds hilarious.

Emmie said...

wow i have never house shared.. Dont think I could I love having my own place far too much!

Anonymous said...

[p]7 million, European sales of 44 . For that reason, his organization was once real [url=http://www.uggbootsuksales.co.uk]cheap ugg boots online uk[/url] uggs for less at a negative balance condition . But [url=http://www.uggbootsuksales.co.uk]ugg boots online[/url] see new smile which smell is crucified cry . How many shoes is it possible say that about? There isn't any break-in period, and they feel like [url=http://www.uggbootsuksales.co.uk]cheap ugg boots uk[/url] you are wearing nice slippers inside public . With favourable value and most recent tendency look, it is relatively well liked in 2010 . The [url=http://www.uggbootsuksales.co.uk]ugg boots sale uk[/url] christian louboutin sale showcased a revolutionary 180 degree Visible Air Unit . That transcribed piece of content is without a doubt repaid with the doctor just who then simply ratings the application [url=http://www.uggbootsuksales.co.uk]ugg boots uk[/url] designed for dependability and even makes the application finalized . As a color seeming rather understated and clean, it perfectly fits the theme embraced by sheepskin boots designers . Among numerous editions from them, sand is an eternal focus and sought-after color.[/p]