Tuesday 13 January 2009

Peaches Geldof: words cannot express...

I think I can honestly say there is no one in showbusiness I dislike more than Peaches Geldof. Every time I read about her antics in the paper my oppinion of her sinks lower, and lower.

She's popped up again today. Speculation that her 5 month marriage to Chester French rocker Max Drummey was over because she 'no longer fancied him'. Wow. Breaking news, totally unexpected as well. I'm reeling from the shock, can you tell?

She just just reeks of a spoilt, immature little 'princess'.

First of all she poisoned my ears with her wooden performance presenting Big Brother's Big Mouth in place of Russell Brand. My ears started to bleed before I had a chance to switch off. I have never heard such an annoying voice in all my life. Public school screechy smug lisp is a good way to try and describe it. Urgh.

Then she poisoned my eyes when photos of her started appearing in the London Lite and London Paper EVERY DAY for months, a various intoxicated states. The one of her bottom dangling in full view as she tried to climb over a park gate in front of a crowd of paps was the classic. Attention seeking? Surely not.



Then she made my brain bleed after I read her 'column' for American magazine, Nylon, on her life in New York. It reads more like a piece of GCSE coursework than published journalism and is so self obsessed and pointless I wondered if it was a joke when I first had the misfortune of reading it. I can't actually work out what she is trying to tell us, except that she is a spoilt brat, but some gems include:

"My days here are spent working on interviews for NYLON TV, writing articles, and listening to Cory regale me with tales of her life in L.A., which are always ludicrous and funny, her high-pitched hyena laugh filling the office as Marvin strums his guitar and dreams up ideas for the next issue."

Wow Peaches, your life sounds so cool. And then...

"My best friend here is a boy named Bunny. We spend our days traipsing around Manhattan—him in skin-tight plaid trousers, huge geek glasses, and a mass of red hair sticking out haphazardly from beneath an Amish-style hat."

Well how sweet! But what about laughing Cory and the guitar strumming Marvin?

She seems to write totally believing her own hype, expecting us all to be jealous of her 'trendy' life in New York. But in reality she just sounds like a little girl who has a lot of growing up to do. And did I mention her writing makes my brain bleed?

A A Gill, if it is him - it certainly sounds like him, sums her effort up strikingly:

"Perhaps go away for a while. Stop searching for limelight. Stop living in dreams and see now, now. Get some life experience, keep your head down until you do and save us from this insipid, vacuous social commentary that justifies the dislike of you."

Quite.

Surely everyone knows if you want some decent commentary on life in New York all you need is LibertyLondonGirl? Peaches, take note!

5 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Glad to see she takes her marriage vows seriously! She might be very embarrassed by her utterances in 10 years time.

Marshall Family said...

meh im not too fussed with peaches either really.. meh meh meh..

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

1. I agree
2. The only time I have come across a band called Chester French has been in the Londonpaper when talking about Peaches (do they do anything?)
3. I love AA Gill.

Liberty London Girl said...

Hey I just saw yr link! Thanks sweetheart. LLGxx

Anonymous said...

[p]It is very light to carry around, and can be used on all skin types even sensitive skin on a daily [url=http://www.disclarisonicsale.com]clarisonic [/url] basis without causing any reactions . Unfortunately, [url=http://www.disclarisonicsale.com]clarisonic mia sale[/url] I have to conclude that Clarisonic is just not the miracle cure that my skin was hoping for . The cleansing [url=http://www.disclarisonicsale.com]clarisonic sale[/url] process takes about a minute and the brush automatically shuts itself . Tiny blackheads found on the nose are cleared even after the first use . These Suncamp . M a k e s u r e t o s o f t l y r i n s e y o u r b r u s h h e a d a s y o u c l e a n s e , y o u s e e t h e d i r t t h a t t h e C l a r i s o n i c g o t r i d o f o n t h e b r u s h h e a d , a n d w h i l e I l o v e s e e i n g i t i n a c t i o n i t s a b i t g r o s s c l e a n s i n g w i t h d i r t o n t h e b r u s h h e a d . Even so, quite [url=http://www.disclarisonicsale.com]discount clarisonic mia[/url] often folks overlook these . I think this stuff do not use every day, the beginning I attached few days a week really think that this is the "artifact" a clean, very clean, but also puts some closed to force out the teeth the very closed squeeze past brush nearly a week, the signs of a "volcanic eruption" actually began redness, then I will continue to brush the fight so he erupted one-time to get rid of more than a week's time he emerge, then red, then there is the kind of thing white, should be fat particles, I brush after extrusion very easy to find, and then a small closed followed by smoke , a result later disposable feel out two stubborn silence, [url=http://www.disclarisonicsale.com]cheap clarisonic mia outlet[/url] my forehead a closed place, a little big, used now find smaller, it is estimated to use the month will be reminders come out.[/p]